Quantcast

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Lessons learned

Notes to self after Europe tour:
  • Always check if the jar of Nutella is open before you pack it.
  • Expect to hear Miley Cyrus and Lady Gaga no matter where you go.
  • New experiences are best shared among great friends.
  • I finally figured out why so many elevators have mirrors!  So I can take pictures of my friends and remember when we tried to get to the highest height in Chicago and when we [rebelliously] broke away from our group in the Heathrow airport!
  • I can do just fine without a hairdryer.
  • Tea should steep only 1-2 minute(s).
  • The British sure do like Obama and are surprised to hear of Americans who don't.
  • I need more Owl City in my life.
  • I'm not as good at haggling as I think I should be.
  • It pays to look cute and pitiful when asking waiters from the restaurant on the street if you can use the restroom.  Or maybe you just need to look like a stupid American.  I haven't figured this one out yet...
  • A lot of the cool stuff in Europe looks just like the cool stuff in America.
  • Journal every day because, when you fall behind, it's very difficult to catch up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.