Quantcast

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bookcases and baking

When I was in ninth grade, I had to do a construction project for my Physical Science class.  Some people did models of bridges or pyramids.  I built a bookcase with my dad.  I've kept the bookcase in my room since then, filling it with my treasures.  It's become full.  I talked to Dad about me looking for another one at thrift stores.  He'd built bookcase for the office/for Mom recently, and he told me he'd make me a new one if I couldn't find anything that would work.  I didn't find anything that would work.

This is the bookcase Dad made for me.  On the back, he carved a sweet message about hoping that the books that fill the shelves will encourage and challenge me.  I love that man.


That's Dad's "it works!" face on the bottom right.
I made Ninjabread cookies for my friends for Christmas.  It was a new experience for me; I'd never made cookies from scratch before.  I used so much flour, I was worried they'd be awful.  Most of the reviews I got from my buddies said they were pretty good, and Dad loved them, but I do agree with one recipient about the texture being a little strange.


This one was supposed to be a ninja holding a katana, but he looked more like Voldemort when I finished with him.  Sent that one off to Millie.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha!!!!
    Oh, Linja! (I've never called you that before. May I? It seems appropriate for this post.)

    Those are pretty stellar cookies.

    Plus, your dad seems like a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your dad used some quality lumber for your shelves...you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bookshelves, love the cookies, love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.