Quantcast

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Hello again, friends!

I took a week-long break form the internet, just to prove to myself that the wireless world will still turn without me.  I wanted to spend more time with my family, reading (Bible and others), and playing piano.  Nothing climactic happened, but I did see Inception which was pretty cool.  I also learned that the internet sure as heck isn't the only thing I waste my time on.  I have since removed all the games from my iPod.

I'll be filling you in on some of the things I did do this week bit by bit.  I will tell you now that I finally saw Inception!  Oh man, guys, that is one awesome movie!  So glad I finally saw it!  Can't wait to see it again!

------------------------------------------------------------

I enjoy the outdoors.  This one autumn day my freshman year of college, I found a pretty leaf on the ground and decided to bring it inside.  In fact, I decided to bring many leaves inside.  My roommate's suspicions of my peculiarity were magnified when she came home that day and found a forest taped to our door.

When winter came, I exchanged the fall leaves for juniper sprigs.  The evergreens added a nice, cozy vibe to the hall, I thought.  The next year I cut English ivy for our door posts in the winter and then brought in honeysuckle vines when spring came.  Senior year I'd not only brought in three potted plants (and I was trying to grow an avocado seed, too), but I brought in a whole tree.  A dead one, and a small one, but we had a tree in our room for a week or two.

So I'm all out of college, and I have no roommate, and this is what my room looks like now.

Decorating with dead trees : Lindsay Eryn

3 comments:

  1. I would like a tree in my room!
    I don't think Britney would protest.
    I'm going to go find a tree now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have you back!! You were missed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh... I miss our plans of a tree in our awesome bachlorette pad. I'm so glad you have a tree in your room. I want to come see it. And you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.