Quantcast

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Charleston

Caleb's from Charleston.  We got to go there this past weekend with his family for the Cooper River Bridge Run.  It was quite cool.  Now that I'm home and now that I've got this post going, I'm wondering why I didn't take any pictures of people (e.g. Caleb and I).  I'm afraid these pictures from our date afternoon/evening are all you get.


Saw this coming out of Caleb's old neighborhood.
Righteous.


The place is really called Kaminky's Most Excellent Cafe.  It is most excellent.  For those of you familiar, it reminded me of the City Cafe in Chattanooga, but a little classier and with fewer dessert selections, but just by looking at the cakes, the pies, the shooters, and the cobblers, you knew they were all sent straight down from heaven.


 This is what I got.  Strawberry cheesecake.  Caleb got the Happiness cake.  Both desserts were so incredibly rich and hearty.  Pure delish!  I highly recommend this stop!

Believe it or not, we got our dessert before we went to dinner which was at Fleet's Landing.  Another highly recommended place.  The service was surprisingly quick for a Friday night, the food was scrumptious, and the atmosphere comfortable yet chic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.