Quantcast

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Let the Good Times Roll

I am now living with my best friend Millie!

I arrived on Wednesday, and I'll be here till the day after her wedding which is on June 25th.  In addition to helping with wedding tasks and moving her to Virginia, I'm just going to be living here.  I'm going to do all I can to phase out of the guest status to someone the Joneses could depend on to do, well, big girl things here in their town.  A better way to put it: I want this to become my town, too.

Millie and I went into town on Thursday to run errands.  I know where the post office is now, the Ingles, the best restaurants, the barber shop, the two thrift stores, the gym (where I got a month-long membership!), and the library.  Millie was naming all the streets for me, and I was asking about all the different buildings.  I'm all of a sudden fascinated with any history offered about this town.  And I like it.

An especially nice part about the area is the lake!  It's about 15 minutes from Millie's house.  We went there for Wednesday's sandwich picnic dinner.  Relaxing at the lake looks so much different than relaxing at the house.  I didn't know how to do it at first.  (Really, I had a moment where I consciously thought, "Woah.  I'm doing nothing.")  After a while of sitting on the life jackets in the water and watching the sunset in the kayaks, I was pretty sure I'd gotten the hang of it.

Here's a picture of the lake shore by KS and Greg from his blog A Landing A Day.

1 comment:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.