Quantcast

Monday, May 27, 2013

2013 Movies: How Can I Choose?!

Back in February, Caleb and I were looking over the list of 2013 movie releases.  We hadn't been hearing about much that seemed worth while, but having all the titles together in one place changed our minds.


So far, and we're only 5 months in, we've gone to the theater for 3 movies, and there are 2 more out now that I still want to go see.  And holy cow, is 2013 a sci-fi/superhero lover's dream, or what?

My Watch List
Warm Bodies
24
Oblivion
Iron Man 3
The Great Gatsby
Star Trek Into Darkness
Man of Steel
Despicable Me 2
The Wolverine
Thor: The Dark World
After Earth
Monster's University
The Host
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

If I went to the theater for each film and brought a date, that's... a lot of money.  And that's not counting The Hunger Games because I haven't read/seen it yet.  Wow.  I gotta decide which movies are first string and which ones will have to wait for the dollar theater.

What's highest on your list?  Did I miss anything?

3 comments:

  1. Most of those are on my list too! So many good movies out this summer/year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm most excited about The Hobbit because of my rampant LOTR nerdom. Warm bodies actually made a small outing here, but didn't get a chance to see it. I've heard good things.

    Star Trek was good too, and I can't wait to see Gatsby. One not on your list: World War Z. It's a fantastic book even. However I'm worried that they didn't even try to be a little faithful to it. But if zombies aren't your thing, there's Brad Pitt. Brad Pitt is EVERYONE's thing--or should be.

    Anyways, I'm caught up on your posts now. Steady stream of great stuff as always. It's a miracle, but it seems you can actually make wedding stuff palatable for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fiancée's really excited about World War Z. He loves the book. I... I don't think I could watch it without crying in every scene and then suffering through nightmares later. It's a shame, because I'm sure it's going to be awesome, Brad Pitt notwithstanding.

      :) Glad you were able to read the wedding posts. I won't be offended if you don't.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.