Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Tea!

Coffee makes me jittery, unfortunately, but this gives me more chances to try different teas!  I started becoming interested in hot tea when I had it for the first time in Russia in 2005.  When I would try to make it at home, however, I'd always do it wrong and the tea would taste bitter.  I visited England in 2010 and learned what I'd been doing wrong.  Use boiling water for the tea, and don't let it steep too long!

I've gotten a bit better, and I've even collected a few favorites!  I like green tea, chamomile, and chai the best.  I like to make my chai extra special by putting in some French vanilla creamer.  Yum.

Have you heard of David's Tea?  It's a website that sells loose leaf teas that look just divine.  Check these out!

Glitter and Gold  ::  $7.50
Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring

Bollywood Chai  ::  $7.50
Black tea, fennel candy, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, pink peppercorns, natural ginger, vanilla and cinnamon flavouring
 
Birthday Cake  ::  $7.00
Red and green rooibos, honeybush, freeze-dried ice cream bits, sprinkles, natural and artificial flavoring

Those teas look pretty dang exciting, no?  I think Glitter and Gold looks so enchanting!  But I don't want to spend that much on tea, so when I saw a facebook friend mention Angelina's Teas, I hopped on their website to comparison shop, and I was elated with what I found!  Not only do they have a gazillion mouth watering, adventurous, and ingenious options, but they're sold at amazing prices!!  Besides the fancy blooming teas and tea pearls, I think they're all under $4, and most are under $3!!

Really, there are tons of flavors to choose from, but I'll list some of my favorites here, just for fun.

Herbal

Black

Fruity Black

Chai

Like I mentioned earlier, Angela's also has beautiful flowering teas.  They're fascinating to watch and luxurious to drink.  Here's a small picture of one!


So what do you think!? What hot drinks do you like? 

4 comments:

  1. Those teas look not only delicious, but gorgeous! I am obsessed with tea. I basically can't function in the morning until I've had at least two cups of tea.

    I have mine with unsweetened almond milk and honey. Yum!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've started taking mint tea to help me calm down and destress. :) Chai is for rainy days, green for every day, orange for cool days.

      What kind do you drink with almond milk and honey?! I want to try it!

      Delete
  2. My favourite is actually normal English Breakfast or Australian Breakfast (do you have that there? If not I can send you some!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never heard of Australian Breakfast tea!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.