Quantcast

Friday, July 7, 2017

Recommended with July

Appalachia country | America the beautiful

Happy birthday, America!  You're a beautiful country with innovative people who are the most generous in the world.  There will always be plenty of work to be done in better caring for the tired, poor, and huddled masses, and I am still proud of the good you do do.  Keep moving forward, Americans.  Love trumps hate.
Here's a favorite video of a slice of American culture: the cast of STOMP + The Harlem Globe Trotters

And a different side of America: Superman vs the Ku Klux Klan actually happened

Encouragement for today: "If we celebrated growing and getting healthy as much as we did perfection, it would be a lot easier to get help." 

How to moonwalk, in gifs

For at least a year now, I've been having trouble sleeping through the night.  Stress and blue light from my phone are big factors for me, and I've used a little calming yoga and a magnesium supplement to help me sleep better.  Here are some other great tips for getting your mind and body to rest at night.

Sara Tasker from Me & Orla wrote a very poignant post about Living with Less + Trust. "For a lot of us, it’s the fear of not having enough that makes us hold onto things."

Also from Sara: "What this has made me realise is, people’s emotions are not really an indicator of their strength.  It is a fallacy and a joke to believe that suppressing our true feelings is in some way admirable; that faking the same state of consciousness at all times is the best representation of a  healthy mind."

Your daily dose of cuteness: Puppy training and 3D printed cat armor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.