Quantcast

Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Synchronicity

 

So as not to detract from the greater story of our birth, I've separated out this mini episode.

--

One of the summer months had me stumble upon the fertility astrology work of Athena (of Wild Willing Wisdom). Following the thread of curiosity, I learned that my fertile moon, the supposed time when I’m most fertile, is the moon phase in which I was born. 


Waxing crescent.


Checking the stars for my pregnancies, and oh goodness, both of the pregnancies began during a waxing crescent. Well, let’s take this as far as we can...

 

I went into labor with my first babies on the day of the 100% full moon and they were born less than 24 hours past its peak. My own birthday was the very next day.

 

Wouldn’t you know it, we had the opportunity to line up everything the exact same way, if this next baby stayed in until after I hit the 41 week mark. A full moon would peak November 27th, and my husband’s birthday is the 29th. If I went into labor the evening of Monday the 27th and the baby were born the 28th, that would be the most synchronized, congruent thing! All our children would be conceived during a waxing crescent, labor would and birth would line up with the full moon, and a parent's birthday would be the very next day.

 

Well why not shoot for the moon (ha) and reach for that full moon labor and birth!


November 26, my midwife was looking at the clock on her car dashboard when she heard the first baby cries - 11:09pm, just 5 hours away from the 100% peak of the full moon. This baby girl was born on the full moon and was even closer to the peak than her sisters. And, while this birth did end up happening three days before my husband’s birthday instead of just one day, I’m not bothered. I do have a smile for when I remember how he’ll be sharing his birthday week with one of our children just like I do with our other two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.