Quantcast

Friday, June 27, 2014

Recommended with Crockpot Butter Chicken Curry

Another one from Damn Delicious, butter chicken curry from a crock pot!
We have a new favorite in our house!  My first time cooking curry, my first time carting the crockpot to work so I could have the food cooking for only 5 hours, and Caleb's first time trying the dish.  Guys, the hard work and bravery were worth it.  We give this one 5 our of 5 stars.

It took a while to gather all of the different ingredients, we haven't had any need for masala before, but I'm glad I made the effort.  This hearty, filling dish made for a meal almost by itself.  I'm used to scooping up curry with naan (we used flat bread when we tried it at home), but Caleb had no problem just digging in with a spoon.

Creamy, healthy, and delicious, I can't wait to try this again!  I want to experiment with the spice proportions, and I want to see if I prefer the curry thick or thin.  I added in more flour after cooking the curry so that it would be thick this time.  Also, I am very tempted to try making naan at home, but I haven't done bread before, so I'm a bit nervous.

Let me know if you try this recipe!  Eventually I want to test out this other recipe for butter chicken, too.  I'm waiting because I know it will take a lot more time (no crockpot for this recipe), and saffron is expensive, but I'll let you know when I get around to it!

Crock pot butter chicken curry
via Damn Delicious

Recommended with Crockpot Butter Chicken Curry... 


Check out these mesmerizing videos featured on Colossal of spinning things.

Morning News for Millenials by Stephen Colbert.  Hilarious!

Would you try out a pair of these jeans?  Functional denim is an exciting idea.

This couple is choosing to live in a converted school bus so they can travel and spend time with their children.  Alternative!

Look at these interesting African subculture fashions.

What do you think of this elderly woman's unique response to her dying Japanese village?

I would totally play with these girl action figures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.