Quantcast

Friday, November 11, 2016

Recommended for Election week

Hello again, friends.  We've made it to Friday.  We'll probably make it to next Friday, too.  It's going to be okay.

To be honest, this week threw me for much more of a loop than I expected.  I didn't think Trump would become America's next president, I didn't anticipate an uprising in hateful actions, and I didn't expect so much hurt and anger and sadness to be swirling around in the atmosphere here (you can read more of my thoughts here).  Chances are, you might be in need of some lighthearted, beautiful, and comforting things like I am.

Take care of yourself.  In fact, take extra care of yourself.  And let me know how you're doing.
xo



If you've been feeling stressed lately, check out this gif that can help with anxiety.

I've heard lots about the benefits of meditation, but it's not always easy to integrate the practice into my life (because, it is, after all, life).  Here's a simple idea for making meditation happen.

Why you should keep going

Thanks to Yes and Yes for a list of ways to stop caring about what other people thing and this awesome reminder:
"Know that people’s judgment is 95% about them and 5% about you."

 The happiest fox and hound friendship!

These moms in Seattle have figured out what I think is a huge lesson in motherhood: shared community is crucial to having the best support possible!  I wish this kind of environment would be the reality for all moms, and I hope I'll be able to be a part of something like this when it's my turn. 

These colored botanical tattoos are lovely (and inspiring...).

A beautiful Swedish chapel has been turned into a home

I am loving this pretty and simple Christmas ornament display.  I don't think Caleb and I will be able to have a tree this year (we'll be out of town for much of December, so it doesn't make much sense to have a tree), but maybe we could try something like this to decorate our home for the holidays.

Did you see these stunning photos on Portuguese Man O' Wars? My cousin told me National Geographic posted them on their Snapchat, and that's why I decided to give Snapchat another chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.