Quantcast

Friday, December 16, 2016

Recommended - Winter

I know I'm late to the party, but happy December, y'all!   I've had a lot of things needing my time and energy over the last month, but I wanted to check back in and bring you some happy wintry things.



The colder weather means it's time to check out Sarah Von Bargen's How to Hygge.  I also recommend downloading the small workbook, for some extra oomph to encourage you to take those steps enjoy the winter.

On the other hand, if you're already frustrated with the cold weather, watch this young polar bear flip out over his ice pool.  I'm pretty sure he won't mind if you live vicariously through him.

Jonna Jinton's Instagram makes winter look so magical.  All we need to do is pack up and move to northern Sweden!

How to make sure your winter clothes last well beyond the season (and an extra post about taking care of your winter sweaters)

Along with colder temperatures and less sunshine, winter can often bring seasonal affective disorder.  Here is a small piece of encouragement form Stephen Hawking and 13 things to remember when you love a person who has depression.  Let's hear it for self care!

If you have any minimalist folks in your life and don't know where to start in gift giving, check out this helpful starter guide.

How to get your kids to have the best photos with Santa from The Ugly Volvo

Look at these sugar doilies!  How delicate and pretty!

Gift ideas: Stocking stuffer inspiration from Terrain and these proposed wish lists from 1913

I couldn't pick just one, I wanted to share one, two, and tree pretty houses decorated for Christmas (I am so digging the Scandinavian look these days).  Speaking of Scandi style, IKEA has a winter coupon for $25 off $150.

If you're ready to move on from 2016, I highly recommend checking out this list of moving forward ideas for the new year from Yes and Yes.

Related: Denali National Park has a sled dog puppy cam!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.