Quantcast

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

As of late

A vintage English teacup holds dried lavender leaves, surrounded by lavender buds and babysbreath flowers
 

Hi there,

While there are many things I would like to write about right now, instead I will give a list of those topics that might make their way to this stage of a blog in the future. These are ideas or projects I've had swirling in my hand and out of my fingertips. I have been kept busy, but I've also - somehow - found time to luxuriate in personal projects and, glory of glories, reading. Reading for fun (the ultimate luxury these days). 

Things I want to write about:

  • My first experience as a freelancer: I've been doing technical ghostwriting this last month or so! I'm proud of my work and especially proud of how I've used this as a boundary-finding opportunity. Time isn't infinite over here, and I've found a good balance on maintaining my time-related sanity (mostly).
  • Sewing: I've bought a vintage sewing machine, had it serviced, and I've learned how to thread it and sew a line of stitches! I have a bold plan for my first make: a self-drafted open back tank top, with gauze, no less. I've thrifted many yards of fabric secondhand for toiles, and I'm so excited to get started on the learn-by-failing process!
  • Education philosophy: I'm 99% certain I'm going to homeschool my kids or at least do some mix of home-based learning and... and something. I'm sold on Waldorf as a foundation, plus forest schooling, and especially while they're still very young, Montessori. I have so many thoughts, feelings, and ideas about this, and I really, really want to find people in my area interested in the same thing.
  • Building like-minded community, on Instagram and in real life(!!!): I've been trying to bring a bit of a focus to my Instagram content in the hopes of attracting others with similar interests. I really want to find a tribe to join, but I'm also trying to build my own, at least a little bit.
  • Foraging: I've gotten a real kick out of crafting some herbal remedies this summer, and I'm reading a book about Southern Folk Medicine right now and reveling in all the oldness of it.
  • Paganism: The religion that's caught my attention lately, I've been learning about the struggle for freedom and power between the first Christians and the pagans, and I've been learning about how neopagans seek to keep some of the ancient traditions alive. I'm especially drawn to the holy days of the pagan calendars that mark the changes of the season.  I think that's such a lovely way to ground the passage of time - to connect one's life seasons with the seasons of the Earth.
  • And as always: books, loose leaf tea, houseplants, and the exciting new things my kids are learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.