Quantcast

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Project: Korea update

Well, friends, God is amazing.

I found out Wednesday that, if I didn't get my apostille in the mail by Monday, my visa would not be completed in time and I wouldn't be able to make it to my job in Korea.  Over the next few days, I was in a strange fog of disbelief, resignation, and a lack of direction.  It was pretty miserable.  On Sunday, the Lord gave me a very sweet time with Him at night church in Greenville, and we got to talk together on the ride home for two hours.  I felt blissful when I got home at 2 Monday morning.

Monday afternoon, I got a call from my dad back in Georgia.
"I have your apostille in my hand!  It came in the mail today!"
"WHAT?!"

Disbelief all over again!

All of my necessary documents will be on their way to Korea tomorrow, and my visa process will hopefully be carried out as planned and in time.  I'm again in a strange fog of is-this-really-happening?  I feel hesitant to barge forward, but, as Corrie Ten Boom said, “Hold everything in your hands lightly, otherwise it hurts when God pries your fingers open.”

But, gosh!  Isn't that bizarre how He waited till the last possible moment?  And isn't it poetic how He waited until I had found rest in Him again?  Isn't He wonderful, and doesn't He take care of me in exactly the way I need to be taken care of?
I love Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.