Quantcast

Monday, April 22, 2013

Our Sunday Picnic and Other Things

In the days when I think I have nothing of readable value to share, I don't share much.  In those same days, I still want to be consistent, to share something, and to stay in the flow.  Know what that means?!  I get to write Anything I Want!  I mean, that's what usually happens, but when times get tough, I think it's better to keep to every shred of a good habit you can.  Like when I was trying to stop biting my nails.  It took me longer to stop gnawing on my cuticles, but I still celebrated having longer nails.  Or when I really didn't care about what I was reading, but I still read at least a verse of my Bible everyday because I knew it was something I wanted to always be in my life.

Also, all of the pressure of keeping up this blog comes from myself.  I guess it's a good thing I don't have any sponsors to attract and people to keep happy.  This is a small project, and it is a personal project.  Nonetheless, it is Mine.  And I want to keep it and take care of it.  My blog.  My little blog.  Full of stories and silly things and secrets and the phases when I tried to be cool.  I like it.

So here's what I'm going to write about today.

I like sushi a lot.  If you like sushi a lot, too, never, ever, ever buy it form Kroger.  It's gross.  But Fresh Market?  That's an all right choice if you're in a pinch or if you want to take it out to a Sunday picnic.

Caleb and I had a splurge picnic today.  We got sushi, a big turkey, ham, swiss, avocado, and bacon sandwich (not as great as it could have been), kettle chips, some pasta salad, and a bottle of Virgil's root beer.  (Virgil's is the way to go, my friends.)

We had wooden chopsticks for utensils, and I had a compact picnic mat I brought with my from Korea.  We sat on the ground with people from my church, and Caleb and I ate with our chopsticks.  That part, the chopsticks and the sharing from the same plate made me feel like I was in Korea again.  We did that all the time.  We brought food and ate from the same plates with wooden chopsticks.  I always liked it in Korea because it felt very familiar and close.  I've said before that I wanted to have that same kind of food culture with me again in America.  Today I did, and it made me very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.