Quantcast

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Our New Apartment!

Caleb and I moved in the Monday after our wedding!  We've found a cozy,  but not too small, one bedroom flat in downtown Atlanta.  My morning commute, including walking to the parking garages, is less than 20 minutes!  That might be my favorite part about the apartment, but I also like the small balcony where I can journal when I get home earlier than Caleb.  It overlooks a very nicely kept courtyard.  I also like the carpet in the living and bedroom and the wood in the bathroom and kitchen.  There's tile right in front of main door with a closet beside (which I kind of what to turn into a shoe closet like we had in Korea).


We don't have much going for us in the decor area, but I was able to put the "Just Married" sign from our wedding over the end of our bed.  I've put up my earring rack, too, which always makes a place feel much more like home.  We have a dish washer, a washer + dryer, a garbage disposal, a walk-in closet, and a large tub shower.

Soon we'll have to put some pictures in our frames, put some artwork on the walls, and find a dang microwave, spatula, toaster, and broom.  All of the Bed, Bath & Beyond gift cards we received from the wedding are about to be put to use.  In the meantime, Caleb enjoys cooking us breakfast and dinner, I typically clean the apartment and dishes, and we're going through Sherlock on Netflix.  It's my second time and his first.  (I'd forgotten how intense these episodes are!)  :)

Have you seen this list of 24 super cool household items?  I want #1-#6 for sure, with plenty of the other ones near the end.

P.s.  That bookcase in the picture was made for me by my dad in 2011!  I just realized that I wrote about it here.  It's cool to see parts of my life pop up in my blog over time.

3 comments:

  1. Great to hear everything is coming nicely for you. Congratz! Do keep in touch, I went ahead and followed you on twitter ;).

    Sam from SF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw yay! Marital abode :)

    PS Sherlock is my favourite show. It's so perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.