With the summer heat bringing in a little bit of the doldrums, I wanted to drum up some ideas for small ways to stir some goodness into your life or the lives of those around you. I also would love to hear what you think should be added to the list. Please comment below!
- Write good reviews for good places or tell someone about where to eat the best local ribs. Read some inspiration here.
- Use the candles, lotions, and fancy cookies or coffee you've been saving for a special occasion. Make today special!
- Instead of taking your phone to the bathroom (I'm not the only one, right?) keep a book you've been trying to finish on the bathroom counter.
- Look at the ingredients in your processed foods and cut out anything with trans fat. There are lots of ways to eat healthy, but trans fat is a pretty easy place to start. (Also, avoid drinking your calories.)
- Pay it forward at the coffee shop. Maybe use the drive through if you're nervous.
- Use the stationery you have laying around and write a letter to someone you've been wanting to get back in touch with.
- Actually floss. Turns out is does amazing work at disrupting the bacteria making its home between your teeth.
- Refrain from angry or emotionally charged electronic conversations. Some conversations are best held in person (or not at all, depending on the situation).
- Take an hour or two to help a friend move. Many hands make light work, and they will appreciate it a ton!
- Eat less tuna and salmon (and maybe meat in general) to help reduce, even just a little bit, the environmental impact your food has on our planet.
- When you appreciate someone, tell them. Give more compliments. Even to strangers.
- Bring flowers with you when visiting a friend, just for the heck of it.
- Send pictures of yourself to your mom.
- If you think of something you should do, if you can get the task done in 5 minutes, do it right then.
- Wear your prettiest underwear, just for you.
- Practice wanting less and consuming less and try to send less to our landfills.
- Comment on the blog posts you read. Let the author know you're there. :)
- Take time to spend on loving and enjoying yourself.
What would you add? What things make you happy that you think we should try? What small things have you seen make a difference for you or others?