Quantcast

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Happy Weekend and Recommended Links

This week I saw lightning his a traffic light in front of me, I met with 2 different recruiters who are going to help me in my job search, I built a résumé for my future brother-in-law, and I bought Ecofetti for people to throw at me and my new husband on our wedding day.  I also saw Man of Steel just yesterday, and I think it's pretty darn good.  I prefer Amy Adams in Enchanted, and some of the cinematography made me tilt my head, but it was very entertaining, it made me laugh, and it made me cry. (Actually, here's a non-spoiler secret:  There's one part that is exceptionally tense that made me cry in fear.  I have never cried in fear before.  What the heck?)

If you battle wanderlust occasionally, too, here's a great Pinterest board for you called Cultures from Around the World.  Well, maybe it won't be so great to get more glimpses into places where you are not, but you might like to see the pictures.

Here's an article by Colossal about an art/music exhibit where a girl makes music with her mind.  Watch the video and read the description.  They left me in awe of the intimacy and complexity of the display.  Amazing.

For anyone who would like to know, I can recommend Batiste's brunette dry shampoo.  It does its job of soaking up the extra oil in my hair when I haven't showered for a while, it blends in pretty well with my dark hair, and the smell reminds me of coconuts.

Here's a collection of interesting facts you probably didn't know.

One more thing... Will anyone wear these pretty clothes with me?

via Fashion with Aman Maryam

2 comments:

  1. I want to see Man of Steel yet! I can't quite convince Chris that he really wants to see it though, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to let me know what you think if you see it!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.