Quantcast

Friday, February 6, 2015

Recommended with Steak Salad

Caleb and I read an article this week that pushed us to cut out even more refined sugars and refined carbohydrates than before, and we were already doing pretty well, by regular standards.  Well I'm glad for the new challenge, because it brought about this new delicious meal!  Steak salad!

I don't have a recipe for you, but it's pretty simple to figure out.  Wash, dry, and chop your veggies and plate.  I used tomatoes, mushrooms, and avocados over romaine lettuce.  Caleb had cucumbers, tomatoes, and grated cheddar cheese.  Caleb seared a New York strip steak in butter on a cast iron skillet until it was rare/medium rare, then sliced it thin to top our salads.  I used salt to top mine off, and Caleb used ranch.  Delicious perfection, folks.  We're already looking forward to the next time we have this dish!

Nutritious and delicious! I'm loving this week's new meal!


Definitely offbeat, but this punkcore cover of Taylor Swift's "Blank Space" is excellent.  (Screaming included!)

You've heard of those words that have no English translation, right?  Here are some illustrations to help translate a few.

This video is amazing and chilling.

Jokester dogs

Metallic temporary tattoos on your nails?  I love this.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, I can't stop watching those dogs. They are totally smiling!

    Also, I would have totally loved punk Blank Space back in high school.

    And I wonder about the opposite of those words without English equivalents. What words in English are hard to translate into other languages? "Whimsy," maybe?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.