Quantcast

Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Quick Update on My Situation

Well, after much worry, prayer, an epiphany, and a decision, then some chickening out and a little more resolve, today I will tell my supervisor that I will extend my contract for 5 more months!  I'll be home by Christmas, I'll make a bit more money, I'll get to be with my loved ones here a bit more before never seeing them again, and I'll get to stay in my favorite city for a little longer.  I'll also get to enjoy the edge of another frigid winter, I'm sure, but I'll see one more full summer and fall, too.

And, 'cause maybe you're wondering, my boyfriend's support remains strong and caring.  Both of us are feeling the weight and the burdens of our long distance relationship, but we're still going strong.  And, he'll be visiting in two weeks for 12 days.  I'm so excited.  :)

Also, I've redone the blog layout.  I like its cleaner and brighter mood,  but I'd love to hear what you think.

I hope you all are doing well!  Thanks for checking in and for supporting me through this whole adventure.  You guys have been great, and I'm so grateful for your encouragement to keep on and to not leave any opportunity wasted.

Here's what the street looks outside my school now, by the way.  The cherry blossom trees are all over spreading their loveliness.  The large cherry blossom festival was last week.  These sakura trees are celebrated so much.  I really like that.

1 comment:

  1. I love your new layout! So nice! And I'm so happy for you that you get to see your boy soon! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.