Quantcast

Sunday, May 6, 2012

A List of the Happy Things I See When I Look at America

Last Sunday I said two hard good byes.  Both Conrad and Sim are planning on returning to Korea again soon, Sim only has a week left in the States, but it was still really hard to see them leave.  Even worse, I couldn't help but think a lot about what it will be like when it's my turn to leave the Peninsula.  Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited to be with the people I love who are there, but it's hard to think of much else calling me back to where home is supposed to be.

So!
To help me through that transition time, I'm going to go ahead and make a list of all the wonderful things America has to offer for when I get cold feet in a few months.

#1 Chick-fil-A

via LAWeekly by N Galuten
Not to sound silly, but, if you know what I mean, you know what I mean.  That delicious chicken, those fun waffle fries, and those winter milkshakes that are to die for!  I enjoy this food so much, I dressed up like a cow twice in one day at different locations to take advantage of a free food offer even though my conscience said I was cheating by doing it twice.  It's that good.

And, it will be good to see those cows again.

(Oh my gosh, you can order food online now!  It's offered at the closest restaurant to my house!)

#2 Dryers

via Wikipedia, uploaded by Rickharp
Having your clothes washed and wearable again all in one day sounds like the ultimate luxury.  Now with the summer heat rolling in and the unbearable humidity it brings, drying my clothes on a rack inside is becoming more of an inconvenience.  Yeah, I usually don't wash my clothes very often...

#3 Hulu and Pandora

via xda-developers and geek.com
Some of my most used sites don't extend to Koran IP addresses. Thankfully there are things like HotSpot Shield and Jango radio that make things better, but it will be nice to have these American sites available to me again.

#4 Good burgers

A screenshot from Cheese & Burger Society via zengarage
Beyond Chick-fil-A, the only other food I crave from America is this.  A good burger.  Maybe with some sweet potato fries.  That juiciness, that flavor, that texture, man.  Can't get anything like it in Korea.  Believe me, I've looked.

Honestly, I had a hard time thinking of anything after Chik-fil-A, and after these other two, my inspiration is dry.  So much for making a list of things I can't wait to get back to (people excluded).  Looks like I really do have everything I need here.

Could you help me out and think of things from home you couldn't live without?  I'd love to hear your ideas. And, if there are things you know I've left out, be sure to write it in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous08 May, 2012

    Would you believe I have never eaten at Chick-fil-A? I know, it's a major character flaw. It's similar to In-N-Out, in that I've never met anyone who has anything bad to say about it. Also, they both have love affairs with the awesome power of the dash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll forgive you this one time, but I look forward to reading the stimulating blog post you'll write after finding your one true food love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.