Quantcast

Friday, January 31, 2014

The 2014 Snowpocalypse in Atlanta

The Snowpocalypse that hit the South here in the States slammed into Atlanta pretty hard along with the rest.  On Tuesday, my boss sent us home early at 12:30.  I've never had experience driving in the snow, but I'd had a plan of bringing home dinner from a nearby Vietnamese place, and I stopped there first.  Within the 20 minutes it took me to get back into my car and onto the road, Downtown had become a parking lot.  It usually takes me 10 minutes or less to make the 0.5 mile trek home.  On Tuesday, it took nearly 2 hours.  I hadn't eaten my lunch before I left work, but others ended up not eating for 24 hours as they were stuck in their cars over night!  I heard of a lady who had to give birth on the road with the help of her husband and a police officer.  One man's house caught fire in an unrelated incident, but no fire trucks could get through the traffic, and the man's entire house was lost.  Many people went out to help those trapped on the roads, and I wish I had been one of those stories.  Instead, I recorded my own as I waited in my car.

 8 minutes, 44 minutes of attention-loving entertainment


The next day, Caleb and I took walked to our closest Walmart to pick up some radishes.  It was closed, but we had a fun walk.  Look at the snowman I made!  His name is John.

My 2014 Snowpocalypse Snowman | Lindsay Eryn

Greetings from frozen Atlanta, folks!  #SnowedOutAtlanta

My story of the 2014 Snowpocalypse in Atlanta | Lindsay Eryn

2 comments:

  1. Loved your video! You're like me with the radio: no, no, no, no ...?, no, no, no ...

    I'm disappointed you didn't fangirl about One Direction! Haha

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.