Quantcast

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

101 in 1,001 REBOOT

In order to encourage myself to reach the goals I'd like to see myself reach (instead of just spending hours consuming entertainment), I've created this challenge for myself.  In 1,001 days, I'd like to accomplish these 101 things.

I've done a 101 goals in 1,001 days challenge before, and while I didn't complete everything on the list, it was very helpful for keeping my focused on things I want to do.  In general, I work best when I have a pace runner, someone or something to egg me on to get things accomplished, competition.  Going through my firstmy first challenge motivated me to do a lot of things I wouldn't have otherwise done.  Also, when my challenge finished in November, I almost immediately dropped by 3-year strong habit of journaling every day.  Ridiculous.  This is why I decided to make a new challenge (which I've detailed below).  It's a tool for me to keep track of my goals, and for me, it works!
In an effort to keep growing, learning, and doing, this is my second 101 in 1,001 challenge.

Start date: January 1, 2014
End date: September 28, 2016
90% complete

In progress  ::  Completed
           GO
  1. Go to Spoleto
  2. Go to the GA Aquarium
  3. Go to DragonCon
  4. Volunteer at Passion
  5. Go to Swingfest
  6. Go swing dancing elsewhere 5 times (4/5)
  7. Go to a zoo
  8. Go camping
  9. Go stargazing
  10. Go out of the country (We have made plans to go to Norway early December 2016, so I'm counting this one finished, though we'll have just missed the challenge cut off date.)
  11. Go to a New Year's Eve celebration and kiss at midnight  (We didn't go anywhere, but we did have a home celebration and a NYE kiss.)

    NATURE
  12. Take 6 walks in the woods
  13. Plant a tree
  14. Bring plants into our home
  15. Grow plants from seeds

    READ
  16. Find a good Atlanta library
  17. Finish Shantaram
  18. Read 3 new books each year
  19. Read 3 new classics
  20. Read 3 new nonfiction books
  21. Read 1 C.S. Lewis book (Narnia does not count.)
  22. Read through the Bible
  23. Read the books of the Apocrypha
  24. Memorize a poem

    WRITE

  25. Journal each day  I wrote in my journal about half the time, but I'm still glad I had this goal listed.
  26. Complete the Experiencing God study
  27. Write a total of 15 letters/postcards
  28. Within that 15, send 5 postcards through Postcrossing
  29. Write 10 lists
  30. Write a new 101 in 1,001 List for when this one is finished

    BLOG
  31. Compile and maintain a list of my favorite blog posts I've written
  32. Host a giveaway on my blog
  33. Find 3 new bloggers to follow and interact with
  34. Reassess and revamp the blog format
  35. Publish at least 4 blog posts each month

    LEARN

  36. Learn to do one new thing each year
  37. Take hip hop lessons
  38. Learn lindy hop
  39. Build up on my Spanish, Korean, or Russian language skills
  40. Learn 100 new vocabulary words
  41. Tinker with the mandolin more (as in, actually learn it this time!)
  42. Get back into the violin
  43. Find out my blood type

    CREATE
  44. Select a new coloring book and color every page
  45. Make 3 new things on my Pinterest "Creative Ideas" board
  46. Print and display photos from our wedding
  47. Make 5 collages
  48. Wrap all Christmas presents with on-hand materials (no new wrapping paper allowed)
  49. Get a red lipstick and learn to work it

    HEALTH
  50. Develop and maintain an exercise plan (for no less than 6 months)
  51. Develop and maintain a water drinking regimen (for no less than 6 months)
  52. Lose 7 pounds
  53. Floss consistently
  54. Get my lower teeth back in line with my retainer
  55. Go to a dentist at least once a year
  56. Try oil pulling with coconut oil
  57. Try oil cleansing
  58. Try homemade dry shampoo  |  cheaper and healthier!
  59. Make my own deodorant
  60. Make homemade foaming hand soap 
  61. Splurge on Kerasys shampoo + conditioner 
  62. Take Juice Plus+ consistently | Started taking Juice+ in January 2014

    SOUL
  63. Fast from social media for 2 weeks
  64. Fast from social media for 1 month
  65. Make prayer a steady habit
  66. Become a mentor
  67. Get a mentor
  68. Become involved in a local church
  69. Plan and execute 6 unique dates for Caleb
  70. Make 2 new real friends

    FOOD
  71. Try NatureBox
  72. Try 10 new restaurants in Atlanta write Yelp reviews of each
  73. Find a good independent coffee shop
  74. Find delicious Japanese ramen
  75. Try 5 new foods
  76. Make 10 new recipes
  77. Make a Korean meal at home
  78. Make and eat fried dandelions
  79. Make chai from scratch
  80. Find an alcoholic drink I like

    MONEY
  81. Pay it forward 3 times
  82. Pay off all student debt We're so close, we're going to pay off the last of student loans in October, one month after the challenge ends, so I'm going to go ahead and count it.
  83. Give money to our friend's medical cause
  84. Support more than one missionary
  85. Donate to NPR
  86. Sponsor a child

    HOME
  87. Decorate our home for Christmas each year - Tree included!
  88. Clean out my previous bedroom at my parents house
  89. Clean out and put away all wedding materials
  90. Get a TV
  91. Get bedside tables
  92. Organize our books
  93. In our next house, get at least 1 room looking exactly how we want it
  94. Get a puppy!

    WATCH
  95. Watch and keep up with the 2014 Winter Olympics
  96. Watch and keep up with the 2014 World Cup
  97. Watch and keep up with the 2016 Summer Olympics
  98. Watch 3 Bollywood films
  99. Watch 1 Korean film
  100. Go to a movie by myself 
  101. Watch Classic Doctor WhoOn the day Atlanta was shut down because of the snow, I decided it was a great time to start watching Classic Who.

6 comments:

  1. I love this! You have inspired me to make my own list, and I've taken some of your goals and added them to mine. I might have a hard time coming up with 101 things, but it should be fun trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! I've seen people have a goal of inspiring someone else to make a list, too, and that was always something I wanted to do, but I always felt that I wouldn't be able to. You just fulfilled a secret goal of mine! I can't wait to see what you come up with! And it will be fun to work through it at the same time. :)

      Delete
  2. You've inspired me too! Be on the look out for my post about my list!

    x Jasmine

    PS. I think you would look smokin' hot wearing red lip stick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray!!! I can't wait to see it! Tri-country goal lists!!

      P.s. Thanks! I think I'm just going to have to pin down an associate at Sephora and beg her to let me sample some lipsticks. (I usually get very intimidated when I'm in makeup stores like that.)

      Delete
  3. I love this! I think I'm going to write my own list and post it on my blog. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it!
      I am a competitive person, but like we were talking about before, comparing myself to others usually a good thing. So, setting goals for myself is a better way to ensure that I get around to things I think are worth while. I like it a lot!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.