Quantcast

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Things for My Home

Caleb and I have been following Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace principles, and I am so proud that we are almost finished paying of one of our debts!  One of the things our personal financial counselor suggested was to celebrate once we reached one of our goals!

Caleb and I have decided that for each of the small loans we pay off, before we move that debt money on to help pay for the next debt, we're going to take one month to spend  that money on something for us.  In April, we're going to take the money we've been using each month to pay off our car to buy some home improvement things.

I won't be the only one making these decisions, and we should really buy another set of silverware and plates (we only have 4 of each thing), and more towels that match our color scheme, but here are my other, more fun ideas.

Things I want for my home | Lindsay Eryn
ladder via Martha Stewart  |   sconce via IKEA  |  tower garden via Juice Plus  |  bedding set via West Elm  |  photo frames by Lucy Call via Design*Sponge

I've had my eye on some sconces for our bedroom that I'd like to put on either side of a world map we have on the wall.  I'd also like to get a coffee table for our living room area and bedside tables for the bedroom.  I really like the idea of having a small stepladder for a bedside table, and it might be a bit cheaper, too, if I can find a good deal.  Caleb built us an entertainment system for our television, and he built planters to go on either side.  Maybe we could buy tall plants and finally bring in those planters!  One day he also hopes to make something that tower garden above!

Printing out wedding and engagement photos are on my to-do list, and I'm looking forward to having them displayed in our place.  It wasn't until we put some art on the walls that our apartment felt like a home, and I'm sure adding pictures will enhance that home vibe.  I can't wait to have more home!

Do you know of any good places to look for pretty duvet covers?  It's been hard to find ones that I really like.  Ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.