Quantcast

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Welcoming Spring

After reading this short article from Darling Magazine, I am inspired to do my own springtime rituals!  What greater things deserve a harbinger than warmer weather, new flowers, warmer weather, and warmer weather?!
I hate the cold.

The only problem is, the only way I can think to celebrate is to vacuum the carpet.
(Ha!)

Do you have any ideas?

I have this picture in my head of shaking off the snow and turning my face to the sun, like in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe when winter finally ends.  That's a moment worth celebrating, and I feel like I should redecorate my entire house and put plants everywhere!

 Practically, though, maybe a new bedspread would be a good and nice thing.  Maybe bringing in some new refreshing recipes.  Spending more time outside.  Ah!  Having a picnic at Piedmont Park!  Oh, and maybe taking a field trip to Callaway Gardens and vising their butterfly house would be nice.  (My in-laws got us an annual membership to Callaway for Christmas!)

I know March 20th is still a little ways away, but I am antsy and ready to be done with winter.  You?  And what do you thing about having rituals for spring like we have rituals for holidays?  I think it's a very romantic in an in-tune-with-nature thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.