Quantcast

Thursday, May 15, 2014

New Restaurants in 2014

As part of my 101 in 1,001 Challenge, I wanted to visit and review 10 new restaurants in Atlanta over the 1,001 days.  I didn't expect to finish this challenge within 4 months!

I'm so thankful for Scoutmob and for all the deals we got to use to get 50% off our checks.  That made this challenge a lot easier on the bank.  Another perk: Caleb and I both have new favorite restaurants!  He can't get enough of Noni's meatball sub, and I would rather go to Miso Izakaya than almost anywhere else.  Anyway, here are quick blurbs on the ten!

Hudson Grill
Burgers in Downtown  |  My review
Caleb and I had a double date here with his brother Joshua and Josh's girlfriend Sarah after a Hawks game.  Great selection of burgers, and busy bar atmosphere.

Harbour Bar & Fish House
Seafood in Decatur  |  My review
 We took my friend from Benign here before he shipped out for the Navy.  Seemed to be a place frequented by the older generations, but the food was good.  We didn't try any of the fish, though!

Ra
Sushi in Midtown  |  My review
We had a sushi date here in February.  Ra gives great discounts during their 3-7pm Happy Hour, which means we'll probably go back.
(Join their email list for a $20 gift certificate to use in your half birthday month.)

Noni's
Italian sandwiches in Old Fourth Ward  |  My review
We had a lovely Sunday lunch here out on the porch once the weather became friendlier.  Huge Italian sandwiches and unique and amazing garlic Parmesan fries worth visiting again.
(Scoutmob deal for 50% off)

Gekko Sushi
Sushi in Old Fourth Ward  |  My review
Frankly, we needed another sushi date night.  We'd recently taken our sushi class and I was so excited that we got to sit in front of the sushi bar so I could watch the chefs.  It was easy to pick out which one was the amateur and the expert.  I felt so cultured and knowledgeable!

Noodle
Pan-Asian in Midtown  |  My review
I had a craving for Asian food, and after trying 2 other restaurants which ended up being closed, Noodle was the only one open for us.  I was hoping to be more impressed than I was, but I'd be willing to try it again.

 Miso Izakaya
Japanese in Old Fourth Ward  |  My review
When I first read about this place, I had a suspicion that it would become my favorite.  Even in the 6 months leading up to my first visit, I just knew I would love it.  Thankfully, Miso Izakaya did not disappoint.  I want to eat there every freakin' day.

Food Truck: Bento Bus
Japanese Street Food Truck  |  My review
 I saw "bento" and couldn't resist, even though there were lots of choices at the Food Truck Park!  So glad I went with my first choice!

 Food Truck: Spiedie Zone
Chicken Street Food Truck  |  My review
 This was Caleb's choice at the Food Truck Park.  I liked his loaded tots, they were definitely yummy and exciting, and I wouldn't have gotten them on my own.

Antico Pizza Napoletana (aka: Antico)
 Authentic Italian Pizza in Midtown by Tech | My review
One of my favorite parts about the restaurant is how it's part of our own Little Italy.  There's a gelato shop and an Italian store on the same corner.  Anyway, the  Antico experience was the closest thing I've seen to the authentic Italian eating style: big tables for strangers to share, and great food.  I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.