Quantcast

Sunday, February 12, 2012

A small conversation with a girl in the bathroom

One of the aspects of my hagwon* that impressed me the most during the interview process was the close relationships the teachers are able and encouraged to have with their students.  Today I had the pleasure of making a new acquaintance when I went into the third floor girls' bathroom, coughed, then went about with what one usually does in the bathroom. From the stall beside me, I heard one of the student's voices.

"Jaime?"
"Oh, no.  This is Lindsay Teacher.  Who are you?"
"I am Daisy."
"Nice to meet you, Daisy."
"Nice to meet you ...Teacher."
...
"Ok, well, see you later, Daisy."
"Good bye, Teacher."

I walked out shaking my head and laughing to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.