Quantcast

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Fill in the Blank Friday : One more post about blogging

My recent post in which I answered some questions from Felicia had me warmed up for today's writing.  Once again here's a fun Fill in the Blank Friday questionnaire from Lauren at The Little Things We Do.  Feel free to join over at her blog and play along.

---------------------------------------------

1.  I started my blog because  
I wanted to have an easier way to journal.  I always liked looking back on what I'd written in my journal books, but I prefer typing.  Why not move my daily inner musings to the internet for anyone to peruse over?

2.   One thing I love seeing on other blogs is vulnerability.  The stories from Good Woman Project have been such an inspiration to be open with my story so others can be open with theirs.  I also like simple DIY tutorials, pretty pictures, and humor (Hyperbole and a Half, anyone?).

3.  Something I love about blogging is having an outlet to express myself and to practice writing.  As a verbal processor, speaking or writing helps me think through what's in my mind, and sometimes writing here just helps me unwind.  And, if I were to go back to school and get a masters, I think I'd like to study creative nonfiction or journalism.  I know that I'm just an amateur writer, and maybe this will always be just a hobby, but I would love to get better at crafting stories.

4. A favorite blog post of mine is probably the crazy story of how I met Mr. Gene and was convinced to write out his Vietnam War book for him.  It's one of my favorite stories of my life, and I'm really glad I got to share it with you all.
  1. How we met
  2. One of his stories, "Bart"
  3. Another of his stories, "The Purple Heart?"
  4. One of our sweet conversations
  5. The victory at the end!
Honorable mentions to go one of my collection of stories from my students, an interaction with a customer at Office Depot, a short-lived relationship with an HP representative, and the story of God's movement at a D-Now weekend I helped with.

5. Something my friends in real life know about me that I've never before mentioned on my blog is I'm about 5'6", I smile a lot, and I tend to walk quickly.  I know those are pretty boring pieces of information, but I was having a hard time thinking of things I haven't mentioned here before.

6.  My new favorite blogs to read are Korea: Matt-Chu Teacher - I met Matt in Korean class, and we hit it off and became buds.  I knew this guy was pretty cool in real life, but when I found his blog, I was introduced to a completely new side of him.  Just this morning I was lol-ing out loud at his most recent post.  You should check it out.  I promise you won't be disappointed.  Aaand, Moon to Moon is a recent photo blog find that gives me my hippie fix.

7.  Some things I tend to avoid doing on my blog are slander and hippos.  Ha!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! We both attempted to drive traffic to each other's site on the same day.

    Anyway, thanks. My experience teaching has taught me flattery usually means you want candy. Want to try the licorice?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.