Quantcast

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Artist Discovery: William Wegman

I grew up watching Sesame Street.  I know a weimaraner when I see one.  What I didn't know was the name of the man behind the adorable genius I always looked forward to during my TV show.

William Wegman, I'm sorry for not doing my research earlier.  Now that I know who you are, I want to tell you that I'm a huge fan of your art.  Thank you for sharing your quirky work and your love of dogs.  I love them, too.

William Wegman, Header, 2000
via Panopticon Gallery
William Wegman, Hot and Pink, 2004
via Panopticon Gallery
William Wegman, Leaf Line, 2005
via WegmanWorld.com
William Wegman, Psycho, 2008
via Panopticon Gallery
Their faces look so morose and resigned.  I find them so comical and adorable.
Oh, lawd, I found this footage of a spelling lesson with one of his dogs.  It's probably the cutest thing I've seen all month, and I work with Korean children so I know what I'm talking about.  But really, it's short and sweet, and you won't regret it.  Watch it here!

William Wegman, Covered Bridge, 2001
via Candace Dwan Gallery
William Wegman, Mowing Alone, 1997
via Miami New Times, thanks to Lowe Art Museum
William Wegman, Lawn Chair, 1988 (My birth year! That just makes me happy.)
via WegmanWorld.com
Oh, I miss my chocolate lab so much.  All this dog talk's got me digging through my planner for a date to the closest dog cafe.

My last recommendation: watch some weimaraners make bread on Sesame Street.  I can't stop smiling.
I hope you like these pups as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.