Quantcast

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Binny's Last Day

My favorite child in all the world (I'm completely serious) had to drop out of Elegance class because she lives too far away.  Binny cried a river, and Jinny and I contributed.  It was a sad, sad, sad day.

My connection with her was so strong.  I invested into her young life and became an integral part of her development.  I loved her fully and was loved in return.  Having to completely sever that bond hurt like hell.

I stayed with Binny while she was waiting for the bus.  She was weeping the whole time, and I just let her cry as I held her hand and whispered every positive thing I thought she would understand.  "I love you.  You are awesome.  You will be okay.  You are smart.  You are a good student.  You are beautiful.  I love you.  Your next school will be so fun.  I will miss you.  I love you."

Elegance Class is dimmer without Binny.  I've even dreamed of her once.  It was a real disappointment arriving in class after that dream and not finding her face bobbing there.  But, as I'll have to remember many more times, it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

Oh, Binny child.  You are the coolest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.