Quantcast

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Nail art: It's a growing obsession now.

Oh guys, I'm doomed.  This nail art stuff is becoming a bigger and bigger hobby.  I just bought three small tubes of polish that come with very thin brushes.  I started practicing the first day, and I've been thinking up ideas for my next designs, and I'm pinning colors and inspiration to and fro.

A few must buys that are at the top of my list:

The Halo Hues collection from Color Club
Just look at these beauties!  They are cheaper than the holographic OPI polishes, and there is bound to be a color that suits your fancy.  Just gorgeous!  I think the one I want most is Harp On It (shown below).

Color club halo hues Harp on it
via Reddit/Imgur
See more after the jump...
Snow Flake from Color Club
What's left from their Winter Affair collection looks so refined and classy, but I've been checking out some pictures of how people have been using Snow Flake, and I would love to be able to do the same thing!  I mean, isn't this great?

Snow Flake from Color Club
via MaSucree's Makeup Musings

Snow flake from Color Club
via Accio Lacquer
See how cool it looks with a matte top coat!

Snow flake from Color Club
via Imagination in Colour

 Indian Summer from CrowsToes
I mean, just look at it.

Indian Summer CrowsToes
via Pshiiit
MoYou London nail stamping plates.
I just learned of nail stamping this year, and I have been gawking at all of the stunning designs these girls have been coming up with!  I can't wait to try these things out myself!

My boss gave us a small bonus for a great last month, and she advised us to "do something completely frivolous" with it.  This might be my frivolity.  The only question is what to choose!  They have so many great designs available!  My first time on the website, I found 21 stamping plates that I really, really liked, and it looks like they routinely debut new plates!  Is this going to turn into an addiction?

What do you think?  Do you like having your nails painted?  Do like flashy designs or do you tend to stay simple?  Any colors or tricks you'd like to try?

2 comments:

  1. I have one bottle of Color Club, a sparkly one called Sex Symbol (totally didn't buy it for this name, but I like it) and I just love it. I love that you're getting so into this - I love seeing your inspiration pictures! Have you tried Jamberry wraps? I just started getting into them, and those designs are just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked it up, and Sex Symbol looks like a great glitter polish! It's so fine!

      My sister knows a Jamberry rep, so she's tried them before, and I've looked at some of the designs. Adam's Favorite and Turple Ombre are my first favorites. :) I have tried Sally Hansen's version in Laced Up, and they worked great!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.