Quantcast

Friday, January 1, 2016

My Greatest Challenge of 2015

Y'all, this year has been a whirlwind.  Mostly because of work.  Do you remember in February when I told you I had gotten a new job?  That job gave me the hardest run I've ever ran.  For ten months, I worked my ass off, got a ton accomplished, helped change over 100 lives, spent days worth of hours at evening events, built over 40 pieces of furniture, made some of the best work friends you could hope for, and cried a lot.  I once wrote about a particularly difficult and challenging time on my blog, but I hadn't mentioned exactly what the situation was.  The point is, the role requires a great deal of one person.  I had put in a lot of work, and I'm very proud of everything I did for the company, but I knew I couldn't keep going at the same pace much longer.

This is where things get especially interesting.

How my life changed in 2015
photo by Greg Rakozy via Unsplash
 I brought it up with my supervisor and then with my team that I wouldn't be able to continue on and that I was going to start looking for a different position.  A week later, I realized that what I really wanted was to stay within the company (because it really is great, and I love my team and what we do), but to be in a different capacity.  My supervisor helped by talking with some folks in charge, and about a month or so later, I was talking with the leadership team about what would become my new role!

I'm currently in a part-time position, and I love what I'm doing.  There are often sticky turns in transitions like these, but I love where I am now.  

Looking back over the last few months, I'm amazed at how everything ended up working in my favor.  I feel empowered to see how I made these changes happen, but I feel blessed to see how the things that weren't in my control were so well taken care of.  You know how we're told to stand up for ourselves, to say no to the things that aren't the healthiest for us, and to push forward to find what will be the best for us?  I did that!  I did that, and look what happened!

Truly, though, I can't take all the credit.  My team at work did a lot on my behalf, and I could never tell this story without mentioning all the prayer that went behind it.  I know not everyone holds the same worldview, but I 100% believe that God heard my petitions and the petitions of my friends and family and worked tremendously behind the scenes, for which I am so grateful.

Now I'm hoping and planning to do well with what's been given to me, and I'm looking forward to a much more balanced new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.