Quantcast

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

6 of my most embarrassing confessions

6 of my most embarrassing confessions
photo by leafar

Partly for fun and partly for a strange kind of transparency, I've been wanting to share a collection of personal confessions for a while.  Back in 2014, I saw Rubyellen's short confessions post on My Cakies, and I've been holding onto the idea for myself for almost two years now.  To quote Rubyellen, "We all put our best foot forward on the internets, so here’s some silly things about me, and some not so proud moments/choices that I have learned from or still trying to learn."

And so, here we go!  The most embarrassing things about me that I can bring myself to say on the internet.

---------------------------------------------------------

When I was young, very young, I told people I was half dog.  I loved dogs a lot, and I yawned like a dog, so I guess in my little mind, that's all it took to be half dog?  (Yes, this means I probably would have identified myself as dog-kin...)

Every year in college, I would dress up like a ninja on December 5th for Day of the Ninja (it's a thing).  I was one of those freshmen, but I was one of those freshmen all four years.  No regrets, though!  I'm glad I was able to let go of my inhibitions during those years!

One of my most embarrassing moments were when Caleb told me, "Lindsay, you smell so much like garlic, I don't want to kiss you."  I had eaten about 10 cloves the night before, and the garlic smell was just pouring out of my mouth and my skin.  It was intense, and I still occasionally get teased for it.

One of my top two favorite tv shows of all time is a cartoon, and I will recommend it to everyone until the day I die.  Seriously, if you haven't already, you need to see Avatar: The Last Airbender.  Heck, even if you have seen it, you're probably due for another run through.

I have a pathetic level of physical endurance, and I know my decisions to not exercise over and over again are seriously holding my body back.  Whenever I try to start anything rigorous, my breathing gets heavy within two minutes or less.  I could be so much healthier and stronger if I would just exercise a few times a week!

I chew and pick at my cuticles.  I am so embarrassed by this, and even though it affects me and my nail pictures, I haven't been able to stop.  It's so awful (and unhealthy!), I've tried using makeup and photo editing to make my gnawed cuticles look better for an Instagram before.

---------------------------------------------------------

I admit that my list above is more of a confessions lite.  The list is funny and ridiculous (to me, at least), and it's a small window into my many flaws.  I'm not one to find freedom in the fact that nobody's perfect, but I do take heart in remembering that I am not yet my final form.  I have these sillier imperfections and my deeper and darker secrets, but I am growing.  I can already see how I've grown, in fact.  I used to chew both my cuticles and my nails, and now I'm just chewing my cuticles, and I think I do it less and less as time goes on!

I've been a perfectionist for as long as I can remember, and I always know when there's room to grow and better myself.  Right now, though, I'm going to celebrate how much I've already grown, just for a breath.  I like it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh gurrrrrrrrl, I cracked up whilst reading this post. I LOVE Avatar: The Last Airbender. Have you watched its movie version? I had a crush on both cartoon & movie version of Zuko. Such a mystic man he was. Wink.

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ZUKO! <3 <3 <3 He's on my cartoon crush list, too! I've never seen the live action version (I've heard it's terrible), but I know the actor, and I loved him in Slumdog Millionaire. :)

      Delete
  2. I have a little crush on Zuko too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.