Quantcast

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Recommended with "Awake"

Happy Easter weekend!  Caleb and I just got back from helping friends move, and now I'm taking a short break from cooking David Chang's ramen 2.0 recipe from 2010 to get this post published!  What are you up to?

I want to share with you one of my best go-to songs.  I heard "Awake" by Tycho play just briefly between radio segments on NPR one morning and looked it up when I got into work because I loved the little bit that I'd heard.  

"Awake" is the song I go to when I need to calm down, when I need to get work done, or when I want a gentle morning.  It has an energy to it, but it's a steady energy, a peaceful one.  When I was in the middle of my last big event I was planning for work, on the very stressful Day Of, I took five minutes to sit by myself on a couch with this song playing in my headphones.  "Awake" is my reset song.  It's interesting looking back over the last year or so and seeing how much it's helped me through.  I hope it helps you, too!  Enjoy!


And now, recommended with "Awake," here are some links for your Saturday and Sunday!

I'm so excited for the warmer weather for many reasons, and I've just found another reason to add to the list.  Ripenear.me is a site built to help crowdsource and find local produce!  Brilliant!

Both I and my husband work in the tech field (never thought I'd say that about myself!), and I've been learning more and more over the years as to just how impactful technology and code are to the world.  Here's a short video explaining a bit about why programming is important, why it's everywhere, and why tech companies have silly things like scooters.

How to overcome worry and be a friendlier person and How we sabotage our own happiness  (#4 and 5 are high on my Learn How To Do List.)


What an awesome Disney Pixar short.

I've watched this short happy video 5 times in a row.  Make that 15 times in a row.

I just discovered this insane Atlanta mansion this week.  Presidential security, a huge maze garden, indoor theater and a closet as big as my bedroom!  I can't believe this is just 15 minutes up the road from me!  I am so curious about who it was built for!


Love this.  The warning labels that should come with Myers-Briggs personality results should come with.  I'm an INFJ, and Caleb is an INTJ, and the warnings are pretty spot on.

Where to shop besides IKEA.  I've been a fan of H&M and Urban Outfitters' home departments for a long time, but I had no idea about Muji!

What are you up to this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.