Quantcast

Friday, March 11, 2016

Recommended with Crockpot Jerk Chicken

This chicken, y'all, is where it's at.  I don't know how else to introduce this dish.  Bright, juicy, flavorful, and healthy, I want to eat this chicken every week.  It's also crazy easy to make.  No, really.  I take the time to skin my chicken pieces (or Caleb sometimes volunteers for the job), but besides that, the recipe is as difficult as measuring spices and rubbing them on raw chicken.  That's pretty much all you have to do besides turn on the crockpot.  It is important to make sure you don't overcook the chicken because the dryness will overwhelm the dish, but as long as you keep that in check and follow the ratios of the recipe, you can't go wrong.

I decided to try out making jerk chicken when I was in a culinary lull.  This addition to our menu brought a brightness among our winter usuals.  When paired with the bean and pepper salad and platanos, it felt like we were having a Caribbean feast!  I use the recipe as written by Stephanie on A Year of Slow Cooking.  The only thing I change is that I use only dark meat pieces instead of a whole chicken.  I find dark meat to be tastier and less prone to dryness, so I usually opt for dark meat when it's an option.

An easy jerk chicken recipe for a Caribbean meal

I'll be sharing the recipe for platanos and my mom's recipe for the bean and pepper salad in the next couple weeks, so stay tuned and enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Recommended with the tastiest and easiest crockpot jerk chicken...

A powerful quote:
"Your value does not decrease based on someone's inability to see your worth."
- Unknown


International Women's Day was this past week (yay women!).  As we celebrate how far women have come in many parts of the world, I encourage you to take look through this post about the importance of separating Girl Power from Boy Hate.

16 tips for much better small talk.  I've used one of these lines already, and I got into a delightful conversation that went nowhere near what we do for work.

Which fast food restaurant serves the best milkshake?  The definitive research is in, and I'm not the least bit surprised.


This post about having it all as a woman is... legit.  I've read lots of opinions about this topic and all the little branches that come from this topic, and I think this author nails it on the head.

Unroll is an email life saver!  It allowed me to automatically unsubscribe from 24 newsletters at once, and my email is so much cleaner now!  On the other hand, I also feel a lot less popular because I'm getting about 30% fewer emails now, ha!

This post shares some sensibility and challenges around what and why we should post on social media.  I've talked with a few different friends about this very topic, and authenticity seems to be a very important thing that we want from ourselves and our friends, but I think that it's not always something I require from everyone I follow on social media.  Most of the accounts I follow on Instagram, I follow because they post pretty pictures.  If pictures of my friends pop up, too, that's great, and I'd expect them to share their highlight reel more than their bloopers, but I expect the artists and professionals I follow to post a higher curated quality.  What do you think?

I've been working on my winged eyeliner, and it's pretty much going like this.  Can someone teach me how to do this right?

---

The Having It All article, Unroll, and the eyeliner video were found via Yes and Yes guest post by Andrea Isabelle Lucas, which I also recommend checking for a few more link goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.