Quantcast

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 in Review With 101 Challenge Update

Friends, 2014 has treated me very, very well, and I hope it's been the same for you.  I have grown and been stretched and challenged so much, and I can confidently say that I'm a better person than I was this time last year.  It's very encouraging to see the ground I've covered and to know that I'm still moving forward.

Here are a few highlights from the year!

New Books Read in 2014
The Orphan Master's Son by Adam Johnson
This is my most recommended book from the year.  Especially in light of the situation surrounding The Interview and the government of North Korea's crimes being brought before the UN, I think everyone should read this book to become more familiar with what life is like in NK.  This book is fiction, but it is an amazing and wide open picture into North Korea.  Read it.
The Hunger Games trilogy, The Book Thief, The Noticer, and Divergent also made it into my hands.

My blog went through some major changes, which I'm really happy with.
I believe Caleb and I are on track to pay off all our student loans before my challenge ends!
I'm still really glad I have set these goals for myself.  They keep me going, and it's cool knowing I'll be able to cross more off my list in 2015.

New Foods in 2014
I got pretty serious in the kitchen a few times this year.  Nothing like a real challenge to make you pray dinner won't be disgusting.  Besides all the new things I've cooked, here are the new things I've eaten:
Edamame, coconut oil, umemashi, somen noodles, fried oysters, and rose water
Our favorite restaurants in Atlanta: bartaco, Noni's, and Miso Izakaya

Other Updates
I was selected as a Yelp Elite last this summer!  It was a total surprise, and I take it as an honor and a responsibility.  I also got to meet some other Yelp Elite at an event, which was super cool.  I'd never done anything like that before!
 I won a giveaway for the first time ever, and I hosted giveaways for the first time ever.
Caleb and I have made friends in Atlanta!  We've gotten to hang out with people from church, I've made some friends at my belly dance classes, and I've also met two girls from the internet!  Woohoo!

Year in Review Holiday Postcard
Year in review holiday postcard

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. I read Divergent too, after all the hype of movie. But I loved it so much that now I'll be reading other parts too. The story plot is so strong.
    2015 is almost here! So many wishes for your new year, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Noor! Same to you! I'm waffling on starting into the second and third books of the Divergent series (besides the first 50 pages, I read the entire thing in a day), but I'm pretty sure I won't be catching the movie.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.