Quantcast

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

More Killer Tips for Job Seekers

I was scanning over some articles in the Job Search section of themuse, and I've collected some of the best to share with you guys.
More job hunt tips from a recruiting coordinator 

First, check out how to clean up your social media during your job search.  43% of employers (and all the recruiters I work with) check social media to get a better look at candidates.  Even I have looked up a few profiles of candidates, and let me tell you, social media matters.  Putting your best foot forward extends to whatever you make public online, so please do be mindful of this.

This article on how to tailor your resume for the job you're applying for is also excellent.  This is another crucial step to resume writing.  Hiring managers spend so little time glancing over resumes, you need to make sure that every piece of resume real estate displays information that's pertinent to your audience.

Finally, here are some great tips on using LinkedIn while job hunting.  Number 14, including a current job title even if you're not currently employed, is something I learned in my Job Seekers classes.  We were taught to always introduce ourselves with our title and say "in transition" or to say something like "I'm an administrative assistant seeking a desk."  Saying "I'm unemployed," is a conversational turn off, so take the time to think about a way you can draw people to you and even interest them in what you do or what you want to do.

What do you think?  Have you used any of these strategies before, or are there any other hurdles you're struggling with?

P.s. Click here to see my Job Hunt Series from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.