Quantcast

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

New Discovery: The 1975

Thanks again to NPR for the introduction!  I love you guys.

The first I heard of The 1975 was "Heart Out."  It reminded me of my very favorite part of the movie Drive (right after the kiss in the elevator).  That very favorite part was the song "A Real Hero" by College & Electric Youth.  I love that song.  I love it, and I want more of it.  Turns out, there are bands that really enjoy playing music that reminds me of the 80's I barely caught the tail end of.


So far I've listened to "Chocolate," "Girls," "You," and "Me."  It's not super often you listen to five random songs from a new artist and you like them all.  I think I can safely recommend these guys, at least to the people who are fans of 80's music, which I am.  Mm, I love it.  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.