Quantcast

Friday, October 11, 2013

The Dream Job List

I love to day dream about how wonderful it would be to be in this job or that job.  When I was younger, I wanted to be an artist when I grew up, then a veterinarian, then a marine biologist or oceanographer, missionary/translator/ESL teacher, then an administrative or personal assistant.  I'm very fortunate that I've been able to do a lot of the stuff I had on my list, and I truly am all for being content with where I am, but I'm also all for dreaming and reaching.

New Dream Jobs

Work at an Aquarium
I found out that the Georgia Aquarium needs an environmental educator to teach kids about water things!  How many of my passions can you fit into one role?!

Work Alongside Some Human Rights Organization
I just learned about Liberty in North Korea, and I see that they need a Communications Manager to  keep their social media and internet presence up to date.  It would be so fulfilling to be such an integral part of something so big and important.

Work for a Newspaper
I'd love to go back to school for a Master's in creative writing or journalism.  I imagine maintaining a column, reporting, or even editing for a newspaper as being a crazy ride.

Act in Television
 I've loved being in the spotlight since I was little and I would perform puppet shows and silly dances for my parents.  I took acting classes and was involved in some scenes in college, and I was told I could get parts in community theatre.  That's definitely on my for-real bucket list-to be cast in community theatre- but I might as well mention television while we're on the subject of dream jobs.  Movies would be cool, too.

Be a Voice of NPR
This one's a bit more serious.  I would love-love-love-love-love this.  I've been a broadcaster before during college.  I was the one who told the folks back home what was happening on the court.  I developed the program myself as part of an internship, people said I was good at it, and I really enjoyed it.  I've wanted to be on radio ever since.

If you could do anything and know that you'd have an income, what would you want to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.