Quantcast

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Wedding Details: The Ceremony Music

When Caleb and I first got engaged, his Uncle Bill said he wanted to provide a string quartet for our wedding.  Uncle Bill is a band and orchestra teacher in North Carolina public schools, and he has a lot of friends in music, so we knew he'd be able to get some great musicians for us.  Unfortunately, the week before the wedding, Uncle Bill's contact who was pulling everything together for him said he wasn't going to be able to make things work.  So, Uncle Bill called up friends from the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, and they played for our wedding!  Just wow.

I had put two songs in the ceremony program.  "Here is Love" was performed by one of my bridesmaid friends and one of Caleb's groomsmen friends as a duet.  (They both sang in chorales and have lovely voices, and their soprano and tenor registers fit together seamlessly.)  For the other, "How Deep the Father's Love for Us," my friend Monika led the congregation with the orchestra playing behind us.  You can see them practicing in the photo below.

The music at my wedding | Lindsay Eryn

2 comments:

  1. What, what what?! That is amazing! What a great gift to have at your wedding!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I feel pretty indebted to Uncle Bill, and I feel like I can't joke about being the favorite niece without him remembering all the trouble he went through for this. Ha!

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.