Quantcast

Monday, October 21, 2013

New Discovery: Scoutmob

I first heart about Scoutmob while I was unsubscribing my boss from junk emails a few weeks ago.  It's kind of like a hipster conglomeration of yelp, Pinterest, and a community newspaper.  They have branches that tell you about fabulous restaurants in your city of choice.  They curate beautiful and interesting goods made from independent craftsmen.  They send out What To Do This Weekend email blasts telling you about the Victorian Street Festival in the cemetery and all the things your local NPR station doesn't have time to talk about.  Their app does have a feature that adds mustaches onto your phone's pictures, but for the sake of the content, I'll overlook the heavy hipster impression.  (It's what hipsters do these days: try to be offended by hipster culture.)

I've only been subscribed and following and reading Scoutmob for a week now, but I think I'm really going to like it.  I imaging the folks behind the scenes as young and interested in the same things I am, which makes me want to keep up with them even more.

One other thing I'm really excited about is getting to take advantage of their hand-picked experiences.  This section is kind of like Groupon, but some of the experiences available through Scoutmob aren't available anywhere else.  (Exclusive!)  The first experience I want to experience is the Mediterranean Date Night for Two at Couscous.  Caleb loves Mediterranean food, and I wish I could take him here for his birthday (November 29th!), and the deal from Scoutmob has the meal at 50% off!

Mediterranean food in Atlanta that I want to try | Lindsay Eryn

Doesn't this look exotic and delicious?
Couscous via Scoutmob


Scoutmob has even inspired me to create a new Pinterest board:
Atlanta and We
I want to use this board to keep track of all of the things I want to explore about Atlanta and the things I've already approved of.  It's really cool being in a city again, and it's great having all of these tools to help me in my adventures!  Unfortunately, Scoutmob has tackled only 13 American cities to date.  I'm really glad mine is one they chose.

Who Loves Atlanta?!

Scoutmob looks like it's going to be really helpful and fun, and I'm excited to see what comes of our friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.