Quantcast

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Wedding Details: We Didn't Have Wedding Cake

I don't like cake very often. There are some cakes that are delicious, but I much prefer pies. The decision was made as soon as the question came up of what we would have at our wedding. Pies!

A delicious (and budget-friendly) alternative to wedding cake | Lindsay Eryn

I asked my mom and my mother-in-law to be in charge of collecting the pies. Some were brought in from a caterer, some were brought in from Sunday School friends, and some were made by aunts in the kitchen the day of the wedding. (It was a great relief on my small wedding budget to have all of these desserts donated. Someone even thought to bring whipped cream!)

A delicious (and budget-friendly) alternative to wedding cake | Lindsay Eryn

I only got to grab one bite of pie as I was passing by the table after the last dance, but some awesome lady also sent a homemade cherry pie home with us. We still have some of it in our fridge, and never have I ever imagined cherry pie could be this amazing. It's fresh cherry, and I must get the recipe.

A delicious (and budget-friendly) alternative to wedding cake | Lindsay Eryn

My ultimate favorite dessert is cheesecake, and my mother-in-law was able to make my dream come true of having cheesecake for what Caleb and I would cut and feed each other. She had her famous baking friend ship us one from Charleston, SC. I like how she made it a heart, and I greatly appreciate like how she sent along a separate small cake for Caleb and I to save for our first anniversary. I also really, really like the golden fox cake toppers I made!

DIY adorable fox cake toppers | Lindsay Eryn

All photography by Sarah Becker Photography

2 comments:

  1. What a clever idea! I've been to so many weddings where the cake is mostly left untouched (bar the few oldies who love a piece of fruit cake with their cup of tea) and it's such a shame. Cherry pie sounds amazing! Recipe?

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to hunt down the recipe, but the lady who donated this pie hasn't been responding! It might be time to go into super sleuth and sneak into her recipe book or something. It was that good.

      Delete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.