Quantcast

Monday, September 22, 2014

Organization Tips : Introducing Trello

I usually go for pen and paper when I need to make lists, but my friend Sarah Becker recently mentioned Trello, and I wanted to see if it would work for me.  Turns out, I had some great new research to categorize and share with Caleb, and Trello has been the perfect medium.  See my first board (and a very special announcement) below!

Using Trello boards for the first time | Lindsay Eryn
You can interact with this board by clicking here.  FYI, this is currently an active board, so expect some changes from this picture.
Caleb and I are getting a puppy!  We're planning on bringing the little patter of 4 fuzzy feet into our home at the beginning of October.  I'm crazy excited.  Stay tuned for updates!

Here's a summary from the Trello blog:
"Trello is probably the simplest thing in the world: it’s a web page where you make a bunch of lists. Each list contains cards. Each card is a thing that someone might want to work on."

Trello is great!  It lets you create, share, and collaborate on boards and cards (like Pinterest's boards and pins).  You can add in as much or as little information as you like, and you can keep things private or make your boards public.  A sidebar keeps a log of all the changes made by you and others in the board, so you can keep tabs of comments and edits.

It's all very customizable.  Rearranging and renaming is very easy, and the interface is pretty intuitive.  The Trello blog shows that the team is constantly looking for ways to improve.  They've even got an app that I have on my phone, which is really handy and super easy to navigate.  You can change the background colors of your boards, and if you upgrade to the Gold Membership, you can add your own pictures as backgrounds and add in fun stickers.

SPECIAL NEWS!  As of September 22nd, Trello is offering a free month of Gold Membership to everyone to celebrate reaching 5 million users!  Details here.

What I like most about this is how much I can manipulate my cards.  I can move them, edit them, add pictures, and add links.  I can assign them to someone in the board, and I can assign due dates.  Trello is shareable and flexible, which is great for active research.  In Pinterest, things can start to feel bogged, and I hardly ever make it to the pins down at the bottom of my larger boards.  I like how I can keep the important things near the top in Trello.  Plus, the Trello mascot is an adorable husky puppy named Taco.  What more could you want?!

How do you keep track of lists?   What do you think of Trello?  Let me know if you try it.
Finally, if you'd like to sign up for Trello and gift me a Gold membership at the same time, here's my referral link.  All other links here are non-referral links, so no pressure.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.