Quantcast

Friday, September 5, 2014

Recommended with Carnitas

I've got an awesome recipe to share with you.  Slow cooker carnitas!  I've made it twice, and it's a favorite.

The best recipe for Carnitas by The Noshery
I got the recipe from The Noshery.  I almost followed it perfectly. I used all the same ingredients exactly like prescribed, but I didn't cut the meat before hand.  I actually just cut the huge pork shoulder in half and plopped it into the crock pot and continued with the rest of the steps.  When it was finished cooking, the first time I made it I fried up some of the meat, but I found that took away the moisture, so the second time I made it, I didn't fry it, which makes the recipe that much easier.

Put meat in crock pot > Put ingredients on top of meat (you don't even have to mince the garlic if you don't want to) > Shred meat in its juices once it's finished cooking > Serve with tortillas!
Bada-bing!

My favorite toppings are pictured above.  A little bit of sour cream, avocado, radishes, and fresh cilantro.  It's the perfect bite of summer!  (I'd love to have people over for an end-of-summer party and serve these carnitas and this cilantro lime shrimp I tried last week.)

Bonus: You can use some meat and its juices to make this great and hearty Puerto Rican soup called posole.  See the recipe here.

Recommended with carnitas...

Remember The Little Rascals?

Anyone want to go to Burning Man with me one year?  These pictures from Trey Ratcliff make it look fantastic.

More photos: Summer in pictures.

Made me laugh.

Looking through some of my Korean stories and other Korean articles, I found these quotes from the great Admiral Yi Sun-sin.

I've never seen wedding portraits like these before.

A more somber recommendation, this is a flash game that shows what it's like to live in poverty.  It's very interesting, and it gave me a lot more perspective.  I played four times, and I found myself thinking, "If I can just make it to the next paycheck, I'll be fine," but when the next paycheck came, I kept thinking the same thing.  It was amazing how tense I became.   I highly recommend checking this (quick and free) game out.

Finally, this website lets you write anonymous letters to elderly folk.  What a sweet and simple way to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.