Quantcast

Monday, October 20, 2014

My Easy New Plan for NOT Overeating

One of my biggest vices is not saying no to food when I know my stomach is full.  It's been a habit since becoming an adult, and it's gotten me into some very painful stomach aches.  Also, it's a wasteful thing.  Taking more than you need is wasteful and unhealthy.  It's not good for me to overwhelm my stomach, and I never feel well when I do.  So, I've come up with a plan.

I've made a reward system for myself

I wanted to set up a reward system for myself, a goal that I had to reach toward.  I'm competitive, so I think that this approach will work well for me.  The problem I found, though, was what should the prize be?  Some tasty food?  No, that defeats the purpose.  Some nice new nail polish?  No, I don't want to be spending lots of money on anything right now.  So what about a fun, tasty tea?  This has potential.

I told Caleb my idea, and he suggested that, each time I reach my goal, he will make me a cup of this special tea I have from Teavana.  When Caleb makes it, he puts in double the tea and a spoonful of honey.  It's delicious, I love it, and it's the perfect prize for my plan.

Operation: Healthy
Get a star for each time I don't overeat for lunch or dinner.
Get tasty tea when I reach 7 stars!
Tada!

Do you have any health goals?  What ways have you motivated yourself to do better, either in your health or in other ways? 

P.s.  My 2014 health goals and other small health tips

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.