Quantcast

Friday, October 24, 2014

Recommended with Dear White People

When I saw Dear White People on Sunday, we settled into a moderately radially mixed audience.  I made a comment to Caleb as the lights dimmed and the movie began, "Are we allowed to laugh at the jokes?"  When we saw the trailer a few months ago, we both laughed at the funny parts, and we both wanted to hear what the movie had to say.  We both know that there are kids in America who create race issues where there aren't any, but we also know that, contrary to what one of the characters said in the movie, racism definitely isn't over in America.

I really want to talk about the movie with people.  Please go see this movie then get back with me so we can discuss, okay?  I'm going to post some of my thoughts next week.


I want to talk about Dear White People

Recommended with Dear White People...


I was filmed while going through a revolving door for a little prank promo this week!  It was my first time being a part of something like that.  It wasn't a big deal, just a very funny story, and then I got to sign away the release to using my face on TV.  I hope I get to see the video!  Maybe it will be as funny as this elevator prank video.

How to keep the leftover half of avocado from browning

Caleb found an excellent cover of "Thunderstruck."  I enjoyed it so much, and I really want you to see it!

What a cool marketing stunt by the North Face in Korea!  (Be sure to turn on the closed captions.)

"Eye of newt, and toe of frog, Wool of bat, and tongue of dog..."  Turns out old medicine folks did use these ingredients, but that's because they were code names for local herbs and plants.  How fascinating!

This might be the most important health advice you read.

Another very important piece of advice: evaluate how you evaluate media.  Seriously, friends, do it.

Maybe someday I'll learn how to forage for food!

Do you know the differences between these tricky words?  (I didn't know two of them.)

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know the difference between farther and further...now I do! I wish they'd add "used to" vs. "use to" to that list for the well-being of the general public. It doesn't seem that hard but so many people get that wrong and it's a huge pet peeve of mine haha.

    I love walking! I'm glad it's so good for me because I am not a fan of more intense exercise.

    Fun links!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! If there is something you want me to respond to specifically, feel free to send me an email; I'd love to chat.